Wednesday 13 January 2010

Exercise 23: Selective Processing and Prominence

I used the image below as the starting image for this exercise.
In order to alter the prominence of the figure in the photograph I first imported it into photoshop and then duplicated the layer so that I could work on the figure and the background separately. In order to make the figure more prominent as in the image below I reduced the saturation in the top layer but increaseed it slightly in the bottom layer. I then erased the figure in the top layed to reveal the more saturated image below.
For this image I reversed the process above. I decreased the saturation and brightness in the bottom layer and then slightly darkened the top layer. In each case I then flattened the image before resaving it as a JPEG.

Having looked at the images live on the block I may have been too heavy handed particularly with the less prominant image. More practice needed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment