Tuesday 12 January 2010

Exercise 22: Adjusting the Balance Between Person and Space

For this exercise I took photographs whilst on a ridge walk in Mallorca last October.




















This shot is taken from high on the ridge looking down at the town of Soller and Port de Soller. In this shot the landscape is the focus but the very small figure just off centre enhances enhances the picutre by providing scale and human interest.





















This is basically the same shot, neither myself nor my brother moved at all. I did however zoom in to a different focal length. Whilst still being a landscape picture the figure now takes on more prominance and it becomes more of a portrait as well - now he is clearly recognisable. I still made sure to frame the shot with the figure offset to one side and looking into the picture. I used the grid available in the camera viewfinder to place the figure on the 'golden section'.

No comments:

Post a Comment