Tuesday 17 November 2009

Pollenca Market, Mallorca

At the end of October I was fortunate enough to go for a week's holiday to Mallorca. On the Sunday morning we visited Pollenca market at the north of the island and in the foothills of the Tramantuna mountains. I used the opportunity to practice my skills at taking photographs of people unaware. I include a selection here.

In the first shot on the left this stallholder is busy carving some locally cured ham for a customer. I love the second image of the old men of the town sitting outside the cafe putting the world to rights.




The lady on the left (English judging by the book) enjoys reading in the sun whilst the guitarist on the right was entertaining visitors at the top of the Calvary steps.
The gentleman on the left enjoys his pipe whilst browsing the produce. I love the picture on the right where this stallholder is checking the melon to see if it is ripe enough for his customer.

Below two stallholders in different poses. The lady appears to have a brief respite for a moment whilst the olive man on the right is serving a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment