Wednesday 23 September 2009

Exercise 12: Close and Involved

For this exercise I took photographs in Edinburgh and at a friends wedding.












The two images above of these two street musicians were taken during the Edinburgh festival. I had already taken some shots from across the road and as we were putting some money in their hat I asked if I could take a couple close up. They are taken with the Canon G10 set at 10mm.


The pictures above were taken at our friend's wedding. I took the left hand shot as Nikki and David were about to get in the car to leave for the reception. The 'official photographer' asked them to kiss and I quickly set the G10 to it's widest setting and snatched this shot. The following two shots were tataken of the bride and groom's first dance using a 17-85 lens. I set the lens at 17mm and shot from low down to try and give the impression of being part of the scene.

The advantage of working with a wide angle is that it really involves the viewer in the scene. I find the big disadvantage is that you are 'in the subject's face' and it is very difficult to be unobtrusive. I find that often people feel uncomfortable with the camera that close.

No comments:

Post a Comment