Tuesday 15 September 2009

Edinburgh Photographic Society International Exhibition of Photography.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Edinburgh Photographic Society's 147th International Exhibition of Photography. As with all exhibitions there was much that I liked and some I didn't. I was surprised by the number in the exhibition that had been digitally manipulated and some of these have a surrealist bent such as 'Gone for a Swim' by Reid Urquhart and the black and white "An Allegory" by Swanendu Ghosh.
























There were some stunning wildlife images, which is my favoured genre, and I particularly like this one of displaying Ruffs by Mick Durham from Scotland. I have photographed these birds myself in winter when they can be found on the Lincolnshire coast but without their fabulous breeding plumage.

I also liked many of the other wildlife images that I have not been able to show here. I thought that the standard was very high.

There were some excellent landcsape images as well such as the contrasty black and white Cryb y Ddysgle by Tom Dodd


Portraits were also of very high quality and particularly liked this one by Kwok Hung Gary Chan entititled "The Ball is Mine"


I noticed that many of the portraits had good eye contact with the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment