Monday 20 September 2010

Informal portraits taken whilst on a holiday with friends during June.

Earlier this summer we enjoyed a large extended family holiday with two other families. I used the opportunity to practise photographing people. All are informal taken either with a 17-85mm lens or a 100-400 one. Taking account of my tutor's comments in my assignments I have also experimented with fill-in flash and I have indicated which images these are.



Fill-in flash was used on the above two shots.

This picture was taken using flash



Fill-in flash used


I used fill-in flash of this shot of Steve juggling in order to reduce the effects of contrasty sunlight.

Again I used fill-in flash for this photograph of my son and daughter.


I used fill-in flash in this shot of Linda and Steve and in the one below of their son David.


Some of the above shots were taken during the day in harsh sunlight. I found that, by using fill-in flash I could reduce the effects of the harsh contrasty light.

In many of the shots the subject is not looking directly at the camera - an effect I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment